Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Introduction

Hi everyone! 


Unlike the majority of people in our class I am not an English Education major and I am not really a fan or writing or reading. My major is Psychology and I am minoring in Education. I am a Senior at UCF and will be graduating at the end of this semester in December. Wohooo! Growing up I always thought about becoming a teacher but my parents currently work in the school system and they have always tried to steer me away from this field. However, last year I decided that education is something that I am really passionate about and want to pursue, no matter what others say. I love little kids and want to teach elementary school, definitely NOT middle or high schoolers.

A little bit more about me: I am in a sorority and fraternity. Yes, I'm a girl in a fraternity.  This summer I studied abroad in France. I also went to Spain and London. It was the best experience of my life. I was born and raised in Miami, FL and everyone constantly tells me I have an accent. I currently work as a children's party hostess. I get to play games with the crazy kids, jump in the bounce house with them and lots more. I love my job because I get to work with kids plus I get free pizza and cake. What more could you ask for! 

That's it for now :)




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating in December, that's awesome!
    I unfortunately have to wait one more semester!
    What ultimately made you decide you wanted to teach elementary school kids, rather than middle or high school? What was France like? I am hoping to visit after graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Raquel!

    I think it's great that there are a variety of different majors in our class. Good for you for deciding to go into education! I can understand why your parents may have steered you away from it. I've heard some horror stories. But, I think there are so many rewards that come with teaching, and they outweigh the bureaucratic nightmares and poor pay...or, at least, I hope so!

    I'm so jealous of your travels. I have yet to go beyond North America. Did you visit the Louvre?

    Good luck this semester!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you have had some awesome experiences this past year. Many teachers try to steer future teachers away. I have done taxes and accounting and I will tell you that there is nothing better than helping students' learn and grow each day.

    ReplyDelete