Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Summer Adventures!

This summer I had the wonderful opportunity to study abroad in France. While in Europe I also went to Spain and London. This was the best summer of my entire life.

Spain: I started off my summer adventures by going to Spain for one week to visit my best friend who currently lives there. This is the first time I've ever been to Europe so it was like something I've never seen before. I stayed in a small city called Salamanca, where everyone knows everyone there. The price for food and drinks were on the cheaper side. 

France: I then went to France and this is where I spent the majority of the summer. I went to France with about 25 other UCF students and it was absolutely amazing. The first 4 weeks of the program was in Nice, France and we spent the 5th week in Paris. In Nice we stayed in apartments that were right along the Cote-d'Azur (aka the beach). The water was freezing and instead of sand there is rocks on the beach which made it kind of uncomfortable to lay down at first, but you get used to it. 

In Paris I definitely got very acquainted with the metro system and used it to get around everywhere! Some of the famous places I went and saw was the Lourve (where the original Mona Lisa is), the love bridge, Arc de Triomphe, Norte Dame, Muse de Oray and of course the Effiel Tower. I took the elevator all the way to the top and it was definitely a beautiful sight, especially at night when lit up.

London: I definitely excepted London to be different. In London I stayed in a hostel for the first time of  my life and that was definitely interesting to say the least.. I did all the touristy things there is to do there in London like riding the double decker bus, eating fish and chips and etc.

I will never forgot all the amazing places I got the chance to visit, the memories I made, the laughters and all the people I've met along the way.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like such an awesome experience! I wish I had taken the opportunity of the study abroad programs while here at UCF. Hopefully my professional career will be more exciting, as I am considering teaching abroad once I graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a boring summer! I'm incredibly jealous! The one thingI want to accomplish before I graduate is study abroad. In fact, I'm hoping to study abroad in England in the spring. It sounded like you had mixed feelings there. Why? Any tips/suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the wonders that you were able to explore on your summer adventures! The places that you have listed are places that I have often visualized in my dreams. One day, I would love to travel the world and share my journeys with anyone willing to listen. Until the, I will just keep re-reading your summer adventures. Amazing post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! I haven't been to Europe yet! What type of program was it through UCF! What am amazing opportunity for you!

    ReplyDelete